- Tea Kettle (for hard heads)
- Bowl (for hard heads)
- Blow dryer (for hard heads)
- Wash Cloth (optional)
- If your doll has a soft head, you only need your hands
More after the jump!
Identify the head you are working with:
A. Soft/Squishy Head
|MyScene Barbie (left) and a High School Musical Zac Efron doll (right)|
2. If there is a hook on the anchor, carefully ease the head over it— one prong at a time. You may need to turn the head during this process.
1. Boil some water in a kettle, and pour it in a bowl.
2. Submerge the doll’s head in the water for a minute or two— until the plastic is super-soft. If you are worried hot water damage your doll, wait a few minutes until the water is warm enough for you to put your fingers in before you submerge the doll (but not cool or lukewarm.)
3. Now that the head is soft, squeeze down on it. Make sure to grabb away from the face or other painted areas.
4. Once the plastic is soft and squishy, ease the head up— and off— the cylandrical base of the anchor.