Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Note on BJDS

My favorite Bratz Boyz: Iden and Etian

DollyCare will now cover ball-jointed dolls (BJDs) alongside vinyl dolls. Since I love my collection of vinyl fashion dolls just as much as I love my BJDs, I will not play favorites.
My First BJD: Darcy
I added BJDs to this blog because newer vinyl dolls, such as Monster High, and Moxie Teens, are made to pose and resemble these super-customizeable East Asian specialty dolls. Popular American companies are already producing BJDs: Tonner introduced Delilah Noir, and revamped two of their most popular lines (Ellowyne and Evangeline Ghastly) with BJD-related innovations.

The poseability and customizability of BJDs bring a fresh influence and perspective to the table, whether you are working with newer dolls or restoring old favorites.

BJDs have some key differences from the average fashion doll, but also a lot of simularities. Their creative designs gave me some new ideas, and will undoubtedly breathe new life into your projects :)! I am excited to share these ideas with you, and hope you will welcome my BJDs on this blog as wonderfully as you welcomed my Bratz and Barbies :).

~ Roxy

1 comment:

  1. 1) This is my new favorite blog; I've already saved one of my doll's hair from disaster using your tutorial here! (My sweet old Mulan needed a haircut, but her hair is so light and fluffy it would have gone everywhere at a shorter length without your tip about shaping a flip into Barbie/etc. hair using a rubber band.)

    2) I wonder, now that you're expanding to include BJDs and since you mention Tonner, do you own any Ellowynes? Do you know anything about removing a head from an Ellowyne doll? Specifically, I'd like to move my Ellowyne's head onto some kind of BJD body (maybe a JAMIEShow or Urban Vita I guess), but before I can worry about whether that's remotely feasible I have to figure out whether I can get her head off without ruining her in the first place.

    Thanks so much for this blog, either way! It's an absolute treasure.

    ReplyDelete